Sunday, April 26, 2009

HUGE Milestone for Kelly Today!!
She lost her first tooth! Her bottom two teeth have been wiggly for a good week or more. Last night while brushing her teeth, she brushed a bit to hard and it loosened one of them alot. It scared her...she cried...we talked and she still cried! Today we were at In-N-Out with Grandma having lunch and she told me her tooth felt really weird and wiggly. I looked at her mouth and it was bleeding a little. After a quick assessment in the bathroom...I knew it was time for it to fall out. However...getting there was not so easy. She wanted us to pull it...then she didn't...then she did...then she didn't...then Grandma came in to try and help and she wanted Grandma to pull it...then she didn't...then a nice stranger with 3 boys of her own offered (um...no but thanks!) but she stayed with one of her boys to help cheer on Kelly. Good thing the bathrooms at
In-N-Out have thick walls (one might think someone was being tortured in there!). Finally we decided we were going to leave it. We would try again at home. Thank you Grandma, thank you stranger...we tried but no luck. So...after she quickly washed her mouth in the sink I grabbed a paper towel and wiped her face...not knowing that I when I did that, I caught part of her very loose tooth and pulled it almost all the way out. Kelly reached up and grabbed it and that was it...it was so easy
(yeah right!!) =)
I cheered...Grandma cheered...the stranger cheered...the boy wanted to see...Jakey gave her kisses and Daddy bought her a milkshake.
Phew...what an ordeal!!

We talked in the car about how the tooth fairy was going to come and she needed to put her tooth under her pillow. Kelly was very concerned that it would get lost "Mom, I sleep with my hands under my pillow...what if it gets lost" So...we made a quick trip to Joann's and bought a "tooth box" which she painted and prettied all up.
Jake checking out her work
(don't ask about the helmet...it is his new thing!)



Getting one good last look at her tooth


The tooth fairy left her $5


and...labeled the ziploc bag b/c the tooth fairy has a very, very bad memory and when Kelly is 14 and wants to know when she lost her first tooth...we will know =)
Little prayer request...
way back at the beginning of this story I told you about two loose teeth. Well, that second one is really, really wiggly and is sure to fall out soon. Please pray that we are at home or in a soundproof room when it falls out. Today was quite eventful, emotional, tiring, exciting, tearful, overwhelming and we still have a lot of teeth to go :)
Awww...the Adventures of Parenting!!