Monday, July 26, 2010

Orange County Fair

One of our favorite things to do during
the summer! 

IMG_2614

IMG_2625

IMG_2626

IMG_2644

Hand over the “Bad Mom Of The Week" award.  This next picture surely
shows that I deserve it!!   35 lb boy on a HUGE elephant by HIMSELF!

IMG_2650

It is not all my fault.  Originally he was supposed to go with two other boys. 
I asked for him to be squished in the middle.  Then the mom of the two other
boys decided she wanted to purchase the “picture package” which meant that
her two boys would go alone….leaving Jake by himself.  I did not realize it until
he was up there and strapped in…I was down below.  The ride lady said “He will
be fine, we strap them in”  (check out there idea of a strap).  I yelled at Jake “HOLD
ON”  He was ALL smiles….loving every minute….no idea that his mom was
on the verge of a heart attack…but still able to get pictures (I am talented like
that)  :)  Luckily they only make one circle around and then they get off.  Well
not this time…no, Lucy (or whatever the elephant’s name is) must have showed
signs that she had “to go”  So, the guy operating the ride (haha) scooted Lucy
back to this pile of hay…reminder Jake is STILL holding on with a HUGE smile
on his face.  Lucy slowly moved her back legs apart and there she stood…for what
seemed like 2 hours but was really only 2 minutes.  By now, a very large crowd had
gathered to watch the cute elephants and it was then that they noticed a very small
boy on top…by himself.  I heard a few “Look at that little boy up there by himself” and
I felt like saying “I know.  I can’t believe his mom would do that”  All in all he
was fine.  He had fun.  It was well worth the $7 and he is still talking about it.

IMG_2651

Next time I think I will stick with the small ponies that go
slowly around and around the circle.