Tomorrow
Tomorrow is hatch day. To say we are excited is an understatement! However, as you may have read in previous posts...I am not so sure our little chicks are going to hatch :( I have prayed for them at least 3 times a day (maybe more). I really want at least one to hatch. For Kelly to see the process would be so much fun! But...we will just have to wait. I already explained to her that there is no guarantee that they will hatch. She seemed okay but had questions as I knew she would. We decided that if this round does not work we wanted to try it again...but with a new incubator.
On the plus side...the school I work at has 2 incubators with 12 eggs in each. Out of the 24 eggs, 7 cute, tiny chicks hatched! They are 2 days old and oh my goodness...they are adorable! I will be bringing these 7 chicks home with me on Tuesday and returning them to the farm the following week. So...if our chicks do not hatch, Kelly will have some to play with, hold and take care of.
Let me tell you though...chicks when they are born...not so cute! That first 24 hours...very interesting! Then like magic...they dry, fluff and are the sweetest!!
I hope to have some good news to post about tomorrow!! Until then...here are some pictures of Kelly decorating the chick house (aka the chick nursery!)!!
On the plus side...the school I work at has 2 incubators with 12 eggs in each. Out of the 24 eggs, 7 cute, tiny chicks hatched! They are 2 days old and oh my goodness...they are adorable! I will be bringing these 7 chicks home with me on Tuesday and returning them to the farm the following week. So...if our chicks do not hatch, Kelly will have some to play with, hold and take care of.
Let me tell you though...chicks when they are born...not so cute! That first 24 hours...very interesting! Then like magic...they dry, fluff and are the sweetest!!
I hope to have some good news to post about tomorrow!! Until then...here are some pictures of Kelly decorating the chick house (aka the chick nursery!)!!