I am tired, emotional, worn-out and I can't sleep...
so, I am going to blog about our day!
Jake decided to "break" in the New Year and
"Jump feet first" into 2009.
(really not funny but sometimes you just have to laugh!)
(really not funny but sometimes you just have to laugh!)
Our sweet little Jakey broke his leg....in two spots :(
We were at my parent's house and decided to take the kids
for a walk...K&J love to walk on the neighbors wall and when
they get to the end they jump off. It is no more than 18
inches off the ground...not that high.
Jake got to the end and holding my hand he jumped/stepped off.
He started to cry and when I
Jake got to the end and holding my hand he jumped/stepped off.
He started to cry and when I
picked him up, I knew he was really hurt. Off to the ER.
Two x-rays, one IV and some good old morphine...
Jake is sent home with a temporary splint that he
will wear for 10 days. The GOOD news...both breaks were
super clean and should heal fine with a cast.
The BAD news...he has to wear the splint for 10 days
The BAD news...he has to wear the splint for 10 days
and CANNOT walk or put any pressure on his leg.
In 10 days we go to the orthopedist and
he gets a walking cast!
Here are a few pictures...
with the splint and to help it stay clean.
(thank you Grandma for getting it!)
He is active in his crib and the ER doctors recommended
getting him a swing to sleep in. So far...so good...
he is sleeping soundly.
Here are the men hard at work putting together
Jake's new bed.
Pray that Karl and I make it through 10 days
of trying to keep a VERY active toddler quiet.
Thank you Grammy & Papa for watching Kelly and
reassuring her that Jakey would be okay!
Thank you Grandma for running all over
trying to find a swing for Jake!!
XOXO